4.11.2011

MVUF Icons

I got the animals down, now I need the rest of it. I looked up a lot of icons for various sections of the map to get ideas of what to use, then sketched out a load of ideas.

Obviously the next part was to vector them. To be honest a lot of them were quite easy to get my head around, possibly because they're so everyday (symbols for shop, toilets etc) but there were a couple that took a bit more planning - the allotments, greenhouse and solar panels in particular. But I got round em eventually.


I needed a device to display the pictograms in, in order to keep them regulated and as part of a set. I had toyed with leaving them as the were on the map but decided they'd probably get lost within all the detail. So this way they can all be connected.

No comments:

Post a Comment