1.27.2011

Tutorial

Just had my tutorial with Lorenzo, it was very useful, very informative.


There were 3 main issues i need to address:


1) Clarification of message.


For the last module i lost a lot of marks due to my work losing some of its meaning and message as time went by. The purpose of my work, the 'why', wasn't as evident as it should be, and maybe this needs to be something i address right from the offset and make very clear and understand where my work is going.


2) Design Context book


I really didn't know what much about how to approach this. I guess i needed to review my notes from Fred's workshop to get to grips with it, but Lorenzo discussed how i need to start now with a general focus, the whole titles/chapters thing, and get it up and running now.


3) Concept/proposition


In my briefs the concept/proposition section i don't think i'd ever really gotten hold of. We discussed how maybe we, as students, never really understood how to write briefs properly. Consequently my briefs were a little scattered. The concept/proposition section should be the 'why' of the brief, and the mandatory requirements is literally what is to be produced - infographics, logo, ID, packaging, poster etc.


Generally i think it went well, and just discussing the briefs i've got helped me to understand a little more what they are to be about and how to take them forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment