3.17.2011

MVUF Initial Map Concepts

Time to crack on with another brief methinks. I've been thinking about this farm map for a while and i've got a few ideas. I want to work with a grid pattern and basically highlight the areas on the map with circular icons along the conjoining corners.


The next is quite concept and its very angular, very grid like. I think there's a few avenues I can take with this, sticking with grids and patterns. It's a bit of a different direction to what they've got at the moment, but because the brief is dead I can do what I want really.


It's important first to map out where everything is before effectively I put it all back together again. So I've set out where everything is and really put them into two main catagories: buildings/places and animals. Ideally there would be a separation device on the map, maybe coloured coding (I used green and red cos those were the pens I had, but green for animals/red for buildings actually works ha).

Also got to think about the potential for extending the map/brief and what that could encompass, like logo, app for the map etc. The map is primarily digital for the website so that might work quite well.



I got this one idea right, which would be EPIC... basically its a 3-tier, perspex shelved construction where the map would be on the bottom layer and each gridded key/icon set would be on the other 2 perspex layers. Each layer is separated by an approximately 5 cm gap.

Would. Be. Awesome.


Some icons I tried based on simple extensions of circles. Looks a bit cartoony.

No comments:

Post a Comment